It’s time for the mobile web. Nowadays, the growing number of mobile users forces web developers to attach much importance to the responsive design principles. The promise of HTML5 has also opened developers’ eyes to the mobile development. They begin to incorporate more HTML5 into their apps. It is said that HTML5 is going to be a major factor for mobile development in the following years.
When it comes to your HTML5 mobile application development, a web app framework will make a big difference. It refers to the software framework for development of dynamic websites, web applications, and web services. HTML5 frameworks will help you to cut short the CSS step along with increasing the visibility of the site. On the other hand, they can speed up your development process and provide the additional benefit of a consistent structure to your project.
Here are 5 HTML5 frameworks for mobile development, and all these frameworks have demos on their official websites. Hope you find them useful.
1. Sencha Touch
If you will create a complex mobile app with a lot of visual interactions, Sencha Touch may be one of the best choices. Owning the first HTML5 mobile web application framework, now Sencha has released its Sencha Touch 2. This HTML5 framework will allow you to build mobile web apps that look and feel native on iPhone, Android and BlackBerry.
- Helps to build fast and impressive apps that work on iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Kindle Fire, and more.
- Delivers a high-performing experience with fluid animations and smooth scrolling.
- Provides access to a wider set of native device APIs, allowing HTML5 developers to take advantage of hardware features.
- The novel layout engine leverages HTML5 to let developers build complex applications that respond, load, and layout in a snap.
- An open source mobile framework supports multiple mobile platforms, including iOS, Android, Blackberry, WebOS, WP7, Symbian and Bada.
- Helps you get access to native APIs.
- Lets you add PhoneGap Plug-ins to your project.
3. jQuery Mobile
- Takes the “write less, do more” mantra to design a single highly-branded web site or application that will work on all popular platforms.
- A cool drag-and-drop UI builder has emphasis on semantic markup and progressive enhancement.
- Cross-platform of iOS, Symbian, BlackBerry OS, Android, Windows Mobile, webOS, bada, Maemo, MeeGo.
Your HTML5 app lives in a single page and Jo will help you build a native-like app experience. This is a free app framework for iOS, Android, webOS, BlackBerry, Chrome OS and anything else with HTML5.
- Allows you to dramatically change the look of your app as well as the animated bits in CSS
- A free to use open source HTML5 framework.
- Works great with PhoneGap.
5. DHTMLX Touch
- Offers intuitive object inheritance.
- Provides an elegant and simple solution to customize the existing functionality of the library and to add new UI components.
- Has the global data storage on the client side.
- The server side is based on dhtmlxConnectors and the communication between client and server is built on XML/JSON packages.
HTML5 is becoming an ever more important mobile development technology. Hope these HTML5-based Mobile frameworks will do you a favor in your mobile project developing. If you have any other useful HTML5 mobile frameworks that you want to recommend, please share them in the comment. Thanks.